STAFF ATTORNEY, PROBONO.ORG DURBAN
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic public interest attorney. Commencing date: 13 March 2018 or ASAP.
Experience and Qualifications:
- LLB degree
- Admitted attorney
- One to three years post-admission experience
- A demonstrable commitment to, and interest in public interest law and social justice
- Computer literate (MS Office supported programmes)
- A valid driver’s license and own transport
- Screening clients in accordance with ProBono.Org criteria
- Recruiting legal professionals to undertake pro bono work and referring clients to such legal professionals
- Creating opportunities for legal professionals to undertake pro bono work
- Monitoring cases referred
- Organising and managing legal clinics and special projects
- Organising seminars, workshops and training
- Building strong relationships with NGOs and CBOs
- Undertaking legal work for NGOs and CBOs through pro bono lawyers to strengthen such NGOs and CBOs
- Writing reports as part of ProBono.Org’s reporting and communications functions
- Promotion of ProBono.Org in various media
- Management of interns
- Management of budgets, funding applications and reports
- Project management and strategic planning abilities
- Data management and statistical recording skills.
To apply, please email a motivation letter, CV with certified copies of qualifications and three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 28 February 2018. Incomplete / late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.