A Coming Together of Public Interest Law Practitioners in South Africa.
23-24 July 2015.
Venue: University of the Witwatersrand, School of Law.
Topics to be explored include:
- Conflicts of Interest
- Recent Strategic Litigation on the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000
- Sentencing Reform
- The Public Interest Legal Services Sector: Perspectives on Impact, Collaboration and Funding for Social Change
- Watching Briefs
- Reckless Lending and Emolument Attachment Orders
- Respecting and Protecting the Rights to Freedom of Expression: Using Courts to Protect Human Rights Defenders in Southern Africa
- Strategic Litigation and Transnational Fora
- Social Assistance Advocacy and Litigation to Make Human Rights Real
- The Dladla Judgment and the Provision of Temporary Alternative Accommodation
Registration: Opens June 15th and Closes July 17th 2015
Registration Link: Click here
*PILG is organised through a coordinating committee consisting of the Centre for Applied Legal Studies (CALS), Lawyers for Human Rights (LHR), the Legal Resources Centre (LRC), ProBono.Org, Section27, the Socio-economic Rights Institute of South Africa (SERI), the Southern Africa Litigation Centre (SALC), Students for Law and Social Justice (SLSJ) and the University of the Witwatersrand, School of Law.